Baker’s dozen Vocab Meme +1 Idiom to your word list
- thirteen. (Bakers often added an extra item to an order for a dozen.)
Why a Baker’s Dozen is 13 Instead of 12?
Baker’s Dozen in recent news (Baker’s dozen in a sentence)
Baker’s dozen strange Facts That Will Make You Feel Weird
Indelible Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Indelible [in-del-uh-buh l] (adjective)
- cannot be removed or erased; “an indelible stain”,“indelible memories”
Indelible(इन्डेलिबल) meaning in Hindi
Indelible word usage in recent use (Indelible in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember Indelible meaning
- indelible: in + delete + able- which can’t be deleted -by yokel
Indelible ink is… delible
Futile Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Futile [fyoot-l, fyoo-tahyl] (adjective)
- incapable of producing any useful result; pointless.
- unproductive of success; trifling; frivolous; unimportant.
Futile (फ्यूटल) meaning in Hindi
Futile word usage from recent news (Futile in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember Futile meaning
- futile is not fertile.. hence not fruitful -by namaskar
How to pronounce Futile
Your efforts to resist her cuteness are futile
Ascetic Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
- (adjective) practicing great self-denial ; “ascetic practices”,”ascetic existence”
- (noun) someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline
Ascetic (असेटिक) meaning in Hindi
- संन्यासी (m),आत्मसंयमी,तपस्वी,यति (f)
Ascetic word usage in recent news (Ascetic in a sentence)
- According to his brother-in-law, Mr Abreu leads an almost ascetic life with books his only belongings.
- A new generation, nostalgic for nationalism, saw in Anna an avatar of nationalism and its patently ascetic style.
- Around 30 years later another Indian ascetic named Bodhidharma arrived and spent nine years meditating in a nearby cave
- Hundreds of sanyasis and sadhus, who have been leadingascetic lives for decades in this world famous temple town seeking spiritual solace.
- The texts of our tradition are not only ascetic and spiritual but also celebrate the sensual and erotic.
Mnemonic trick to remember Ascetic meaning
- sounds like acetic acid, remember acetic acid(vinegar)i.e., sour in taste, one who has made is life sour in taste, i.e., away from pleasures for religious purposes. - by nikhilparasher
How to pronounce ascetic
Watch BBC: Extreme Pilgrim – Ascetic Christianity
Impudent Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Impudent [im-pyuh-duh nt] (adjective)
- shamelessly bold,brazen-faced,insolent, rude and not respectful, impertinent
Impudent (इम्प्यडन्ट) meaning in Hindi
Impudent word usage in recent news (Impudent in a sentence)
- Impudent behaviour of the neo-rich often lands them in trouble.
- He was a good for nothing impudent fellow for insulting decent persons while on their way to church.
- Some countries behave in a totally impudent and unceremonious way by attempting to discredit the Sochi Olympics politically.
- If you want to turn people down, it is best to do so politely and respectfully, even if you feel their request is impudent or their offer ridiculous.
Mnemonic Trick to remember meaning of impudent
- “Im” is the prefix meaning “not.” “Pudent” sounds like “prudent.” So someone who is impudent, is not prudent: he is insulting and rude -by viciousvegetable
DO NOT CONFUSE WITH IMPRUDENT(lacking discretion; incautious; rash)
How to pronounce Impudent
Watch Impudent cat