Dead ringer Vocab Idiom +1 vocabulary word to your word list
Dead Ringer (for somebody/something)
Dead Ringer origin
- The term dead ringer originally referred to a horse that had been substituted for another of similar appearance to defraud the bookies. The verb to ring has long been used by the criminal fraternity to mean to substitute. The most modern example is to ring a car, meaning to steal another car’s identity – usually for the purpose of reintroducing a write-off back on the road. Dead is widely used to mean accurate or precise, as in dead centre or dead heat.
Dead Ringer idiom usage in recent news (Dead ringer in a sentence)
Salman Khan Dead Ringer Found in pakistan
Maul Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
- (verb) (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing; he had been mauled by a lion
- (verb) treat (something) savagely or roughly;the body was badly mauled in battle
- (verb) handle (someone) roughly, especially for sexual gratification;she hated being mauled by macho chauvinist pigs
- (verb) defeat heavily in a game or match;the team were mauled 4-0 by Manchester City
- (verb) subject to fierce criticism;he faces a mauling at next week’s conference
- (noun) (in rugby union) a loose scrum formed around a player with the ball off the ground
- (noun) a heavy hammer, as for driving stakes or wedge
Maul (माल / मॉल) meaning in Hindi
- (noun) मोगरा,खुल्लमखुल्ला आलोचना करना,आसानी से पराजित कर देना,बुरी नीयत से छूना
- (verb) क्षतविक्षत करना, खुल्लमखुल्ला आलोचना करना, आसानी से पराजित कर देना, बुरी नीयत से छूना, मुंगराना
Maul word usage in recent news (Maul in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of word Maul
- in a MALL if somebody becomes a nuisance he’ll be *handled roughly* by the security present there.
How to say or pronounce maul
Watch: Minutes before being mauled at Delhi zoo, man seen pleading to white tiger
Umbrage vocab meme +1 Vocabulary word to your Wordlist
- (noun) a feeling of anger caused by being offended
Umbrage (अम्ब्रिज) meaning in Hindi
- कोप (m), छांह, छाया (f), रोष (m)
Umbrage in a sentence ( Umbrage word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of word Umbrage
- notice the last 4 letters…RAGE.And then umbrella =shade, rage=anger and resentment.
How to pronounce or say Umbrage
Deepika Padukone Cleavage – Times Of India Controversy
Fat cat vocab idiom +1 idiom to your word list
- (idiom) a wealthy and powerful person, especially a businessman or politician.
- This expression dates back to the 1920s in the US whereby it was used to refer to people who made large contributions to political candidates.
Fat cat idiom in a sentence ( Fat cat usage in recent news)
Watch Top 5 fat cats In The World! (2014)
Lugubrious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Lugubrious [loo-goo-bree-uh s, -gyoo-]
- (adj) excessively mournful
Lugubrious (लुगूब्रीअस / लूग्यूब्रीअस) meaning in Hindi
Lugubrious word usage in recent news (Lugubrious in a sentence)
- That kind of lugubrious tone.
- He sings in such a lugubrious tone as to suggest simultaneously a low rumbling in the caves and a pronouncement from a deity.
- He’s too Welsh and lugubrious.
- Some are “poetic”, some lugubrious, some scathingly self-mocking.
- The old lady blows out her cheeks and assumes a lugubrious expression.
- Two schools of thought that emerged: One, that I just might be tragically right – but who needed such lugubrious news?
- The mood is lugubrious.
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Lugubrious
- He was very mournful when he had to BURY his maimed LEG.
How to say or pronounce Lugubrious
Time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s lugubrious song from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’