- (noun) the feeling of being bored by something tedious
Ennui (आन्वी / एनूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलस, ऊब, थकान, कुछ की वजह से ऊब की भावना
- mid 18th century: French, from Latin in odio(n- ), from mihi in odio est ‘it is hateful to me’.
Ennui in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I’m curious (and wonder if you agree) if a certain degree of superhero ennui may have settled in for Apocalypse.
- Back in 2014, White said he wasn’t sick of the ubiquitous song yet, and if ennui has set it since then, this should make him love it all over again.
- Some of Mrs. Clinton’s stalwarts in the Media are becoming anxious over their own ennui. “Why don’t I feel more excited?”
- His plan was to become a novelist, but, with creativity and inspiration giving way to boredom and ennui.
- There’s a feeling of low-level ennui here; a feeling that blurs sensation, save for the bright spots and moments that break through the bubble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ennui
- ennui = ‘ae’ + ‘nahi’ ho paayega bhaiya because i am bored
Why Do We Get Bored?