- (adj) having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned; “Government cannot be indifferent to the long-term success of business”
- (adj) being neither good nor bad; mediocre; “both players played indifferent shots”
- (adj) not good; fairly bad; “has indifferent qualifications for the job”
indifferent (इन्डिफरन्ट / इन्डिफ्रन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अपक्षपाती, असावधान, उदासीन, घटिया, तटस्थ, निरुत्सुक, निष्पक्ष ,मामूली ,विरक्त ,साधारण ,सामान्य
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘having no partiality for or against’): via Old French from Latin indifferent- ‘not making any difference’, from in- ‘not’ + different- ‘differing’
indifferent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Why have people become indifferent to crime?
- House obstructed yet again, NC accuses PM of being indifferent.
- Jason Coyle looks for good finish to ‘indifferent‘ season.
- SoftBank investors laud Masayoshi Son’s decision to continue as CEO, indifferent to Nikesh Arora’s exit.
- Representatives protested against the state government’s ‘indifference‘ and said administrative officers also adopted a “lenient approach”.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of indifferent
- indifferent — bhai ‘red’ and ‘green’ different colour hai ki nahi?? why are you so indifferent at traffic signals..