- (adj) (of a remark or idea) lacking originality or freshness; dull on account of overuse. “this point may now seem obvious and trite”
Trite meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- घिसा-पिटा, जीर्ण, पुराना
- mid 16th century: from Latin tritus, past participle of terere ‘to rub’.
Trite in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Movie Review: ‘De De Pyaar De’ is Random and Trite, Besides, after a point, continuing the tradition of mediocre Bollywood masala, the film becomes increasingly random and trite. There’s a cameo …
- Opinion | A revival plan for the Congress that would secure its future, It is trite to observe that crises are opportunities. … India is teeming with bright, energetic people from all walks of life who crave to serve the …
- Walt Disney Pictures’ ‘Aladdin’ (Hindi) Movie Review: Poor Dialogues …, Come on, Mr. Dialogue Writer and whoever else is responsible for green-lighting these trite lines, Indian children are not idiots. An update: the …
- Top Trends in Content Marketing, The internet bandwagon juggernaut in India has seen millions get on board, … One of the most trite comments bandied around in marketing …
- Bills of rights for the vulnerable, … stating that they would replicate the NRC process for the whole of India. … It is trite to say that a general election confers a mandate upon the …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Trite
- trite sounds like tried…when smthng is tried again n again it bcomes hackneyed
TRITE is to give something no RESPITE (without any rest whatsoever) – to keep it
- continuously in use over and over again.