- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
Profound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; “profound feelings of disquiet”
- (adj) (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight; “a profound philosopher”
- (adj) (of a disease or disability) very severe; “a case of profound liver failure”
- (adj) (of a subject or idea) demanding deep study or thought; “expressing profound truths in simple language”
- (noun) the deepest part of something, especially the ocean; “nor billowy surge disturbs the vast profound”
Profound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गहरा, गम्भीर, गहन, अत्यंत, महासागर
- Middle English: from Old French profund, from Latin profundus ‘deep’, from Latin pro ‘before’ + fundus ‘bottom’. The word was used earliest in the sense ‘showing deep insight’.
Profound in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shobhaa De frivolous statement only reflects her profound ignorance of how athletes perform or what motivates them towards excellence.
- The students were in a state of complete shock and profound grief.
- This will have a profound impact on food security and bring us closer to our national goal of doubling farmer incomes by 2020.
- Little and profound emotions have been woven in and the film is sure to give you a lump in the throat.
- India’s energy sector is seeing profound transformations since the past two years.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of profound
- profound = prof. found a deep (profound) secret
Poignant Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Poignant [poin-yuhnt, poi-nuhnt] (adjective)
- very moving, sad, highly emotional
- evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret
- keenly distressing to the feelings: poignant regret.
- keen or strong in mental appeal: a subject of poignant interest.
- affecting or moving the emotions: a poignant scene.
- pungent to the smell: poignant cooking odors.
Poignant Hindi meaning
Poignant Word Usage from recent news
Short Film About Smartphone Overuse Is Smart, Poignant, Depressing
Poignant Scene 🙁
Poignant Mnemonic Trick to remember word
- sounds like “pregnant”, think what the situation of a woman would be who is pregnant and watching a video of a “woman giving birth”.. obviously gr8 but painful as well – by Swapneel Patil