- (adj) about to happen; “there was speculation that a ceasefire was imminent”
imminent (इमनन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सन्निकटता, आसन्न, करीब, निकटस्थ, सन्निकट, पास का, आने वाला, निकट का, अभी होने वाला
- late Middle English: from Latin imminent- ‘overhanging, impending’, from the verb imminere, from in- ‘upon, towards’ + minere ‘to project’.
imminent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- South African presidency denies imminent arrest of finance minister.
- Are Poor Sales, Lack Of Growth Signaling Imminent Recession?
- Nizami shifted to Dhaka Central Jail, execution imminent.
- Recent satellite images show no imminent signs of a fifth North Korean nuclear test.
- Air India pays pilots part of pending dues, avoids imminent strike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of imminent
- imminent ~ immediate hone waala
Avi Lipkin: Is World War 3 Imminent?