- (adjective) practicing great self-denial ; “ascetic practices”,”ascetic existence”
- (noun) someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline
Ascetic (असेटिक) meaning in Hindi
- संन्यासी (m),आत्मसंयमी,तपस्वी,यति (f)
Ascetic word usage in recent news (Ascetic in a sentence)
- According to his brother-in-law, Mr Abreu leads an almost ascetic life with books his only belongings.
- A new generation, nostalgic for nationalism, saw in Anna an avatar of nationalism and its patently ascetic style.
- Around 30 years later another Indian ascetic named Bodhidharma arrived and spent nine years meditating in a nearby cave
- Hundreds of sanyasis and sadhus, who have been leadingascetic lives for decades in this world famous temple town seeking spiritual solace.
- The texts of our tradition are not only ascetic and spiritual but also celebrate the sensual and erotic.
Mnemonic trick to remember Ascetic meaning
- sounds like acetic acid, remember acetic acid(vinegar)i.e., sour in taste, one who has made is life sour in taste, i.e., away from pleasures for religious purposes. – by nikhilparasher
How to pronounce ascetic
Watch BBC: Extreme Pilgrim – Ascetic Christianity