- (verb) (of a state or feeling) decrease in vigour or extent; become weaker; “confidence in the dollar waned”
- (verb) (of the moon) have a progressively smaller part of its visible surface illuminated, so that it appears to decrease in size; “the moon is waning”
- (Phrase) on the wane — becoming weaker or less extensive; “the epidemic was on the wane”
- (noun) the amount by which a plank or log is bevelled or falls short of a squared shape; “I cut the log into slabs without removing the outside wane”
Wane (वेन / वैन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उतरना, घटना, ढलना, कम होना, क्षीण होना, अधोगति, अवनति, कमी, क्षय, घटाव, पतन, ह्रास, चंद घटना
- Old English wanian ‘lessen’, of Germanic origin; related to Latin vanus ‘vain’.
Wane in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Manufacturing activity picks up but optimism continues to wane.
- US Report Says Anti-Americanism On the Wane in Greece.
- India’s craze for gold on the wane as yellow metal gets dearer.
- Atheism may be on the wane in Britain.
- Davos: Citigroup CEO admits London focus will wane after Brexit.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of wane
- wane === opposite of gain
- (verb) make (a disease or its symptoms) less severe without removing the cause; “treatment works by palliating symptoms”
- (verb) lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of (an offence); “if only there were some way to palliate his dirty deed”
- allay or moderate (fears or suspicions).
Palliate (पैलीएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रोग शमन करना, चुप्पी साधना, अल्पीकरण, घटाना, न्यूनीकरण, लघूकरण, कम करना, हलका करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin palliat- ‘cloaked’, from the verb palliare, from pallium ‘cloak’.
Palliate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The main concern for these patients are the symptoms that they’re having and our need to really palliate these things as soon as we can.
- Doctors are trained first to diagnose, treat and fix — and second, to comfort, palliate and soothe.
- To ‘palliate‘ is to reduce pain and not to cure the disease itself.
- An app to palliate parking woes.
- Somehow I believed that going to India would help palliate the guilt that’s layered me since I left the country as a teen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of palliative
- (friend) PAL will ALLEVIATE your pain.
Palliative Care Versus Hospice
Assuage [uh–sweyj, uh–sweyzh]
- (verb) to make milder or less severe; relieve; ease; mitigate;to assuage one’s grief; to assuage one’s pain
- (verb) to appease; satisfy; allay; relieve;to assuage one’s hunger
- (verb) to soothe, calm, or mollify;to assuage his fears; to assuage her anger
Assuage ( अस्वेज / अस्वैज) meaning in Hindi
- बुझाना,कम करना,शान्त करना,धीमा करना,हलका करना,ठंडा कर देना,शांत करना,सन्तोष देना
Assuage word usage in recent news (Assuage in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Assuage
- ass-usage in the toilet gives huge relief – by vik24cool
Assuage pronunciation audio
This song will help you remember the meaning of assuage “Rootha Hai To Mana Lenge”