Meaning in Hindi (हिंदी) with Funny pictures
Acquiesce meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- बिना विरोध के स्वीकार करना, अंगीकार करना, मान लेना, सहमति देना, चुपचाप स्वीकार करना, उपमत होना, संतुष्ट होना, सम्मत या राज़ी होना
Acquiesce meaning in English (Vocabulary words)
- (verb) accept something reluctantly but without protest. “Sara acquiesced in his decision”
Acquiesce origin (Root word)
- early 17th century: from Latin acquiescere, from ad- ‘to, at’ + quiescere ‘to rest’.
Acquiesce in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- The Man in India who first fell for Mountbatten’s Partition Idea …. If you however acquiesce, I am afraid India is lost.’ Gandhiji said, ‘What a question to ask!
- Azad on Partition, Abul Kalam Azad completed India Wins Freedom in 1958 and it was published in full thirty …. If you however acquiesce, I am afraid India is lost.
- How China views Indo-Pacific, India embraced it formally in the keynote speech by PM Modi at the Shangrila … ASEAN is unlikely to acquiesce to these demands but Chinese …
- India, Kashmir & deterrence, Reference to Pakistan and India being nuclear-armed neighbours is often cited in … out and entice pliable Kashmiri individuals to acquiesce in the new diktat.
- Living the three minutes of military life, … non-uniformed Indians are called upon to acquiesce and prove their … if the downslide in military ethos and spirit is not arrested, the Indian …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Acquiesce
- acQUIEsce..concentrate on the part quie. and remember quiet.. which means submissive.. or imagine some1 who is quiet will give in without any protest
- acquiesce = A(Agree) + quie(Quietly) = Comply passivly