- (verb) voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up; “he offered to relinquish his post as acting President”
Relinquish (रिलिंगक्विश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छोड़ना, त्यागना, त्याग देना, छोड़ देना, अलग करना, अलग कर देना. हाथ उठा लेना
- late Middle English: from Old French relinquiss-, lengthened stem of relinquir, from Latin relinquere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + linquere ‘to leave’.
Relinquish in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- MSK Prasad backs Dhoni’s decision to relinquish captaincy.
- Train derailments: Prabhu asks officers to act or relinquish.
- Ratan Tata to relinquish post of chairperson of Tata Trust next year.
- Anthony J. Reardon will relinquish his current operational duties but continue as executive chairman of ducommun.
- When contacted, Roy said for a fair probe, there is a need on the part of the Home Minister to relinquish his post.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of relinquish
- relinquish = release your wish
ABJURE Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; “She abjured her beliefs”
Abjure (ऐब्जुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संत्याग करना, अस्वीकार करना, औपचारिक रूप से त्याग करना, शपथपूर्वक त्याग करना, त्यागना
- late Middle English: from Latin abjurare, from ab- ‘away’ + jurare ‘swear’.
Abjure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shanmuganathan asks outfits to abjure path of violence.
- One will not become patriotic by shouting slogans; one has to abjure the sentiment of enmity, violence, vigilantism and vengeance.
- PM Narendra Modi asks Naxals to abjure violence.
- There will be no talks unless they abjure violence.
- This in itself will ensure officers abjure errant behaviour.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abjure
- Salmaan khan saying “ab” “jury” ke saamne kasam khata hun kabhi drink and drive nahi karunga.
Sholay – Gabbar Singh’s before abjuring violence