Profound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; “profound feelings of disquiet”
- (adj) (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight; “a profound philosopher”
- (adj) (of a disease or disability) very severe; “a case of profound liver failure”
- (adj) (of a subject or idea) demanding deep study or thought; “expressing profound truths in simple language”
- (noun) the deepest part of something, especially the ocean; “nor billowy surge disturbs the vast profound”
Profound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गहरा, गम्भीर, गहन, अत्यंत, महासागर
- Middle English: from Old French profund, from Latin profundus ‘deep’, from Latin pro ‘before’ + fundus ‘bottom’. The word was used earliest in the sense ‘showing deep insight’.
Profound in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shobhaa De frivolous statement only reflects her profound ignorance of how athletes perform or what motivates them towards excellence.
- The students were in a state of complete shock and profound grief.
- This will have a profound impact on food security and bring us closer to our national goal of doubling farmer incomes by 2020.
- Little and profound emotions have been woven in and the film is sure to give you a lump in the throat.
- India’s energy sector is seeing profound transformations since the past two years.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of profound
- profound = prof. found a deep (profound) secret
ABRIDGEMENT Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a shortened version of a written work; “an abridgement of a book”
- (law) curtailment of rights; “the abridgement of the rights of ownership”
Abridgement (अब्रिज्मन्ट / अब्रीज्मन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संक्षेपण, संक्षिप्तीकरण, सार, संक्षेप
- late Middle English: from Old French abregement, from the verb abreg(i)er (see abridge)
Abridgement in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “We, and our Nationhood, Defined” a text which he later revealed was an abridgement of an essay on nationalism by Babarao Savarkar.”
- Here on Earth, it’s easy to guess that “droid” is an abridgement of “android,” an anthropomorphic robot.
- In an ironic coincidence, the First Amendment to the US’s constitution prohibits any abridgement of free speech.
- There is no case of abridgement of free speech because it offends religious sentiment or political ideology.
- The 4S in the nomenclature, in Hyundai’s words is an abridgement of Style, Safety, Sophistication and Speed.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abridgement
- Abridgement mein chuppa hai “bridge” (shortens distance)
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)
Abbreviate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) shorten (a word, phrase, or text)
Abbreviate (अब्रीवीएट / अब्रीवीऐट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संक्षेप करना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin abbreviat- ‘shortened’, from the verb abbreviare, from Latin brevis ‘short’.
Abbreviate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- We started noticing that the younger generation tends to abbreviate longer names and hence we thought abbreviation is a good idea.
- Smile’s TextExpander 5 helps you type faster by making suggestions of frequently-typed phrases to abbreviate and save time.
- First, the abbreviation of a word should not be longer or more complex than the word itself.
- I know many friends who have shortened their name or found a similar name to abbreviate or adapt their difficult Indian name.
- According to the two comedians, the best way to “speak” is to just abbreviate everything to keep conversations short.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abbreviate
- Abbreviate word mein chhupa hai brevity(means brief)
SMS English ( Lesson) – Modern English abbreviations and Shortened text messages