- (noun) a person who helps another commit a crime; “he was arrested as an accomplice to murder”
Accomplice (अकाम्प्लस / अकाम्प्लिस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सहकारी, सहापराधी, अपराध में साझी, जुर्म में साथी
- mid 16th century: alteration (probably by association with accompany) of Middle English complice ‘an associate’, via Old French from late Latin complex, complic- ‘allied’, from com- ‘together’ + the root of plicare ‘to fold’.
Accomplice in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- A $5,000 reward was announced Tuesday in the search for a bank robber dubbed the “cold hands bandit” and his accomplice.
- Richmond man gets 12 years as accomplice in robbery that led to slaying of Henrico McDonald’s employee.
- A suspected elephant poacher and his accomplice were arrested in Tirupur district and produced before Uthamapalayam Judicial Magistrate.
- Ex-sarpanch, accomplice get 3-yr jail for attacking cop.
- former village sarpanch and his accomplice were awarded three-year imprisonment for assaulting a policeman.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accomplice
- accomplice = ‘accompany’ + ‘police’… no the correct meaning is “accompany + “chor”
Identify the accomplice in crime 🙂