- (adj) associated by chance and not an integral part; “adventitious similarities”
- (adj) coming from outside; not native; “the adventitious population”
- (Biology) formed accidentally or in an unusual anatomical position.
- (Botany) (of a root, shoot, etc.) produced in an unusual part of a plant.
Adventitious (ऐड्वन्टिशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अनित्य, आकस्मिक, आगन्तुक, आनुषंगिक, बाहरी, सांयोगिक, अपस्थानिक
- early 17th century: from Latin adventicius ‘coming to us from abroad’ (from advenire ‘arrive’) + -ous.
Adventitious in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- We had a long chat with him and he showed us how one of the ancient trees has developed adventitious roots within its hollow trunk.
- This was largely on account of reduced spreads and adventitious loss of `1,197cr.
- To ensure that the sample is not at risk to adventitious contamination, several types of Petri dishes now come equipped with lockable lids.
- If people can reconcile Sita and Fatima, it shows that the barriers we made between Hinduism and Islam are adventitious, and not inherent.
- In order to avoid adventitious light effects, the pictures were taken only early in the morning, on overcast days in spring or autumn.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adventitious
- adventitious = adventurous = happening by chance
Adventitious Breath Sounds