- (noun) the state of being important, famous, or noticeable; “she came to prominence as an artist in the 1960s”
- (noun) the fact or state of projecting from something; “radiographs showed enlargement of the right heart with prominence of the pulmonary outflow tract”
- (noun) a thing that projects from something, such as a projecting feature of the landscape or a protuberance on a part of the body; “the steep rocky prominence resembled a snow-capped mountain”
- (astronomy) a stream of incandescent gas projecting above the sun’s chromosphere.
Prominence (प्रोमिनेंस / प्रोमीनेंस / प्रॉमिनेंस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रकटता, प्रख्याति, प्रमुखता, प्रसिद्धि, प्राधान्य, विशिष्टता, शोहरत, ख़्याति, मुख्यता, विशिष्ठता, ख़्याति, आगे निकला हुआ भाग, बहिर्गत भाग, उभार, ऊंचाई, उत्सेध, सौर ज्वाला
- late 16th century (denoting something that juts out): from obsolete French, from Latin prominentia‘jutting out’, from the verb prominere
Prominence in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- As cannabis is rising to prominence, investors are turning their eyes to industry opportunities that have the best long-term potential.
- New food guide set to challenge prominence of meat, dairy industries.
- Former defence minister George Fernandes first shot into national prominence when he defeated Congress stalwart S K Patil.
- Football Returns to National Prominence.
- Blockchain came to prominence in 2009 as the underlying technology of Bitcoin and subsequently the wider cryptocurrency landscape.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prominence
- prominence — pro ban gaye miya
Reverence [rev-er-uh ns, rev-ruh ns]
- (noun) deep respect for someone or something.“rituals showed honour and reverence for the dead”
- (verb) regard or treat with deep respect.“the many divine beings reverenced by Hindu tradition”
Reverence (रेवरन्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- इज्जत, पूजा, भक्ति, श्रद्धा, सत्कार, सम्मान, इज़्ज़त, आज्ञापालन, आदर
- Middle English: from Old French, from Latin reverentia, from revereri ‘stand in awe of’
Reverence in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Having a Queen is a distinct business advantage, particularly due to reverence for the monarchy in new and emerging markets like China.
- While ethics and gentlemanly deeds may earn you applauds and reverence, they will certainly not aid the results of the match in your favor.
- Jagra speaks about his mentor Akhil Kumar with great reverence.
- Devaki and Vasudeva understand that this is the divine Lord in the form of the charming child and pray to Him with reverence and adoration.
- “Shiksha” or learning begins when the child approaches the teacher with respect and reverence.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reverence
- reverence ~ reference, agar kissi nai exam mein reference dikhai toh you will have a lot of respect for them
2011 Melbourne Boxing Day Test – Crowd goes wild when Sachin Tendulkar comes out
Accolade [ak–uh-leyd, -lahd; ak-uh–leyd, –lahd]
- (noun) any award, honor, or laudatory notice
- (noun) a touch on a person’s shoulders with a sword at the bestowing of a knighthood
Accolade (ऐकलेड / ऐकलैड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलिंगन (m),पुरस्कार (m),शाबाशी (f),सराहना (f), औपचारिक रूप से उपाधि देना
Accolade in a sentence
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Accolade
- A+Cool+Aide is a praise for the effort by a Distinction Student
Sharukh Khan winning Accolade in Movie – Om Shanti Om