- (verb) accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation); “I said I would abide by their decision”
- (of a feeling or memory) continue without fading or being lost; “at least one memory will abide”
- (informal) be unable to tolerate; “he cannot abide lies”
Abide (अबाइड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, बरदाश्त करना, एक जगह रहना, टिकना, ठहरना, पालन करना
- Old English ābīdan ‘wait’, from ā- ‘onwards’ + bīdan
Abide in a sentence (word usage from newspaper)
- The Centre today said it will abide by Supreme Court verdict on the issue of freeing convicts.
- When Laloo and co starts behaving like Indian citizens, abide by the law, end violence, stop provoke minorities, then they can ask questions.
- Her family was an outcast as her father refused to abide by certain age-old traditions.
- Moreover, the UB group chairman and Rajya Sabha member also said that he shall abide by the law and comply with the judicial system.
- If the government has made the law, everybody should abide by it.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abide
- abide = “aa” jao “bride”, it’s our wedding night, you must abide by rituals.
Life in Odd & Even Delhi – BC Films