Accost Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively; “the police accosted him in the street”
Accost (अकॉस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संभाषण करना, बोलना, अभिवादन, सलाम, नमस्कार
- late 16th century (originally in the sense ‘lie or go alongside’): from French accoster, from Italian accostare, from Latin ad- ‘to’ + costa ‘rib, side’.
Accost in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- There may be occasions as in Mumbai some years ago when the Shiv Sena used to accost people in the streets and ask them to speak in Marathi.
- Agents of bankrupt company accost chairman.
- Members of such organisations would accost them, tell them off or force them to get ‘married’.
- Smiling salespersons accost you with baskets of enticing pastries and savoury snacks outside the numerous bakeries and shops.
- Along the way, beggars would accost him and children would call out to him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accost
- at any cost (accost), i will approach her and say ‘ i love you’
Singham accost villian
Harangue Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a lengthy and aggressive speech
(verb) lecture (someone) at length in an aggressive and critical manner
Harangue meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भाषण, भाषण देना, उग्र भाषण देना
- late Middle English: from Old French arenge, from medieval Latin harenga, perhaps of Germanic origin. The spelling was later altered to conform with French harangue (noun), haranguer (verb).
Harangue in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- And both are prepared to bully, harangue, and lie to get ahead.
- He “cursed the entire uniform(ed) body” during a 90-minute harangue.
- I hate to end the year with a harangue against a major technology company, but I must.
- He did periodically harangue me for wasting my natural business development / sales skills.
- he Prime Minister was sending a signal to the right-wing fringe in the BJP that it must tone down its harangue, the analyst added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of harangue
- HAR (her) + ANGUE (anger) = jab kisi ‘her’ ko ‘anger’ aaye toh harangue sunne ke liye ready ho jao dosto
Alacrity Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) brisk and cheerful readiness; liveliness and eagerness
Alacrity (अलैक्रटी / अलैक्रिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तत्परता, फुरती, आतुरता, उत्साह
- late Middle English: from Latin alacritas, from alacer ‘brisk’
Alacrity in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- BCCI needs to act with alacrity.
- What prompted the police into action, that, too, with such alacrity, which is normally absent in their day-to-day battle against crime?
- The injured victims need to be attended with great alacrity and skill.
- Look at the extreme interest taken by the Centre in this case when no such alacrity was shown in handing over probe to the CBI.
- Nitish had responded with alacrity to Modi’s punch, tweeting that in berating his DNA, the Prime Minister had berated the DNA of all Biharis.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of alacrity
- alacrity = Alag aakrity (a picture), alag picture banane ke liye you need some eagerness(alacrity)
Aamir Khan & Salman Khan in Bus – Look at their alacrity