(noun) a lengthy and aggressive speech
(verb) lecture (someone) at length in an aggressive and critical manner
Harangue meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भाषण, भाषण देना, उग्र भाषण देना
- late Middle English: from Old French arenge, from medieval Latin harenga, perhaps of Germanic origin. The spelling was later altered to conform with French harangue (noun), haranguer (verb).
Harangue in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- And both are prepared to bully, harangue, and lie to get ahead.
- He “cursed the entire uniform(ed) body” during a 90-minute harangue.
- I hate to end the year with a harangue against a major technology company, but I must.
- He did periodically harangue me for wasting my natural business development / sales skills.
- he Prime Minister was sending a signal to the right-wing fringe in the BJP that it must tone down its harangue, the analyst added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of harangue
- HAR (her) + ANGUE (anger) = jab kisi ‘her’ ko ‘anger’ aaye toh harangue sunne ke liye ready ho jao dosto
(noun) a severe reproof or rebuke, especially a formal one by a person in authority; “the golfer received a reprimand for a breach of rules”
(verb) rebuke formally “officials were reprimanded for poor work”
Reprimand (रेप्रमैन्ड / रेप्रीमान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
फटकार, निंदा करना, डांटना, डाँट, घुड़की
- mid 17th century: from French réprimande, via Spanish from Latin reprimenda, ‘things to be held in check’, neuter plural gerundive of reprimere.
Reprimand in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj and party MLA Sangeet Som on Monday rejected media reports that they were reprimanded by party chief Amit Shah.
- Wankhede curator asks BCCI to reprimand Ravi Shastri.
- This comes amid reports that Shah on Sunday summoned and reprimanded several top party leaders for making controversial comments.
- All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee.
- Ensure to reprimand/report anyone teasing stray animals. (No tying crackers to tails or hurling a live fire on an innocent animal.)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reprimand
- Reprimand = Remand ; jab police kissi ko remand per leti hai toh they scold severely (rebuke formally)
Software Engineer reprimanded – Sunny Deol Funny
- (noun) a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something
Diatribe (डाइअट्राइब) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आक्षेप, निंदा, विवाद, कठोर समालोचना
- late 16th century (denoting a disquisition): from French, via Latin from Greek diatribē ‘spending of time, discourse’, from dia ‘through’ + tribein ‘rub’.
Diatribe in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of diatribe
- di + tribe => 2 tribes fighting with each other – verbal attack
Sunny Deol Diatribe – Must watch