- (verb) be a portent of a particular outcome. “their argument did not bode well for the future”
Bode meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- शकुन बताना, भविष्य सूचित करना, पेशीनगोई करना, भविष्य-कथन करना, भविष्यव्दाणी करना
- Old English bodian ‘proclaim, foretell’, from boda ‘messenger’, of Germanic origin; related to German Bote, also to bid1.
Bode in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India’s Democratic Dictatorship, Under Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India’s character is being transformed by a government … This does not bode well for Indian democracy.
- India could disadvantage itself further vis-a-vis China by …, Even without an FTA with China, India’s trade deficit with the country has risen 13 times in the last … This does not bode well for the economy.
- Trafficking figures bode ill for tigers, India, with the world’s largest wild tiger population, topped in the trafficking of tigers and tiger body parts over 19 years since 2000, a new …
- India’s lunar lander is missing, but Chandrayaan-2 can still …, Mission controllers are examining the data they have, but loss of contact for this long does not bode well. Scientists hoped that the lander, …
- Hair oil to bike sales highlight more India growth pain ahead … Britannia Industries Ltd. This does not bode well for India’s overall growth rate, …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Bode
- Bode plot PREDICT the stability of control system
- board (boad+ exams decide ur future