- (noun) a loud, confused noise, especially one caused by a large mass of people. “a tumult of shouting and screaming broke out”
- (noun) a state of confusion or disorder. “the whole neighbourhood was in a state of fear and tumult”
Tumult meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- तुफान, हंगामा, दंगा, हो हल्ला, खलबल , अशांत, उपद्रवी ढंग से, प्रकोप
- late Middle English: from Old French tumulte or Latin tumultus .
Tumult in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Kashmir mediation: Fury in India over Trump’s claim, Trump set off a political storm in India by claiming during a meeting on … barely able to make his voice heard over the opposition tumult.
- World Cup 2019: Top stable, middle topsy-turvy, And a strange thing happened in ODIs where batting tumult is a natural … India has progressed well so far in the World Cup and by the time you …
- How Statistics is Changing the Programmatic Advertising Ecosystem …, … growing components of the near 10-billion-dollar Indian advertising and … through a sea of tumult in an effort to conquer their ideal customer!
- China lashes out at Hong Kong protest targeting its office, The growing tumult in Hong Kong has fueled fears that China’s People’s Liberation Army may intervene. A Chinese army brigade said Monday …
- Wimbledon 2019: Plenty of dramatics as Rafael Nadal tops Nick …, And yet it was Nadal who emerged from all of the tumult Thursday at Wimbledon to beat Kyrgios 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (3) in a second-round …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Tumult
- tu+mu = tu tu main main
- sounds like turmoil – disturbance
Tumult in the Currencies | Bazaar Morning Call (Part 1) | CNBC TV18