- (verb) convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another; “I’m not here to proselytize”
- (verb) advocate or promote (a belief or course of action); “Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas”
Proselytize (प्रासलटाइज़ / प्रासलिटाइज़) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- 1670s, “to make proselytes,” from proselyte + -ize. Related: Proselytized ; proselytizing.
Proselytize in a sentence (important vocabulary in recent newspaper)
- It has been said that Mother Teresa was part of the missionary and her primary role here was to proselytize.
- This includes a duty to proselytize to both non-Muslims and Muslims who have, in their view, ‘deviated’ from the ‘correct’ path”, she said.
- ‘Islamic televangelism’ is defined as: “The use of the television medium to proselytize the audience and viewers.
- You cannot freely proselytize in Muslim countries.
- Hindus didn’t have to go out and proselytize like the Christians, as if to prove our worth to our faith.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of proselytize
Abet Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) encourage or assist (someone) to do something wrong, in particular to commit a crime; “he was not guilty of murder, but guilty of aiding and abetting others”
Abet (अबेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उकसाना, अपराध आदि में सहायक होना, बुरे काम के लिये उकसाना, सहयोग देना, बढ़ावा देना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘urge to do something good or bad’): from Old French abeter, from a- (from Latin ad ‘to, at’) + beter ‘hound, urge on’.
Abet in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Hang officials who abet lake encroachments, says Speaker.
- Social media and online media will continue to aid and abet terrorists with spreading their message and reaching new generations of recruits.
- We also arrested another young man, Ameen Ali, from the same premises for helping Muzamil abet the crime.
- China could initiate and enhance its support for militants in the Indian northeast, or worse, encourage and abet Pakistan’s proxy warriors.
- Digital currency to abet money laundering: Report
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abet
- abet = “aa” + “bet” lagate hai, you can’t kill a tiger
Akshay Kumar abetting the crime
‘Lend a hand’ Idiom meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation with Picture Dictionary
Lend a hand
(idiom) assist in an action or enterprise
‘Lend a hand’ meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
‘Lend a hand’ Origin
- The first known written use of “Lend me your hand” was used by Chaucer and later writers in the sense, to temporarily assign that part of your body to someone else’s use, or assist someone.
‘Lend a hand’ in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Hindus lend a hand for Muslim wedding.
- Microsoft to lend helping hand to start-ups in urban India.
- Everyone should lend a hand and make sure that it reaches the masses.
- The actor has decided to lend a helping hand to all cancer victims.
- Can You Lend A Helping Hand?
Ddlj funny train documentary