- (noun) a feeling of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected; “to her consternation her car wouldn’t start”
Consternation (कान्स्टर्नेशन / कान्स्टर्नैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from Latin consternatio(n- ), from the verb consternare ‘lay prostrate, terrify.
Consternation in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Consternation over Bhopal encounter.
- Trump’s campaign rhetoric caused consternation in many world capitals, including Tokyo.
- Trump caused consternation in December 2015 by mooting a ban on all Muslims travelling to the United States.
- There seems to be consternation within the Congress on the proposed Grand Alliance in Uttar Pradesh on the lines of Bihar.
- School Burnings Cause Consternation in Indian Kashmir.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of consternation
- conster (~monster) + nation, monster in your nation will cause consternation
- (noun) exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement.
- (noun) an old-fashioned term for a psychological disorder characterized by conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization) or a change in self-awareness.
Hysteria (हिस्टीरीअ / हिस्टेरीअ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (as an adjective): via Latin from Greek husterikos ‘of the womb’, from hustera ‘womb’ (hysteria being thought to be specific to women and associated with the womb).
Hysteria in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- New York Trump voters: ‘Enough with the hysteria‘.
- Democrats need to get past their hysteria and move on.
- In his biography on Khanna, Gautam Chintamani has attempted to explore the hysteria around him.
- Celebrating Girl Power: Hysteria and Hypocrisy.
- Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday ridiculed the ongoing family hysteria in the Samajwadi Party.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hysteria
- hysteria = history + mystery… creates lot of excitement… dinosaur hysteria
Startle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) cause to feel sudden shock or alarm; “a sudden sound in the doorway startled her”
Startle (स्टार्टल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Old English steartlian ‘kick, struggle’, from the base of start. The early sense gave rise to ‘move quickly, caper’ (typically said of cattle), whence ‘cause to react with fear’ (late 16th century).
Startle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This woman surfing inches away from an erupting volcano will startle you.
- A spider can still startle me, but I keep a pair of rainbow stag beetles at home now, and I love them.
- Included here are many little stories that should startle anyone who still holds a worshipful view of the medical profession.
- Enemy: A gripping movie that will startle you.
- Kidney racket probe finding startle cops.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of startle
- startle = star dekhkar startle ho gya mein
Petrify Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) make (someone) so frightened that they are unable to move; “the thought of speaking in public petrified her”
(verb) change into stone; “the petrified remains of prehistoric animals”
Petrify (पेट्रफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पत्थर बनाना, कड़ा बनाना, पत्थर हो जाना, हक्का बक्का कर देना, हाथ पाँव फुला देना
- late Middle English: from French pétrifier, from medieval Latin petrificare, from Latin petra ‘rock’, from Greek.
Petrify in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Mathematics used to petrify IT minister K.T. Rama Rao when he was a student.
- He was always good at mimicry and would often accompany the shadows with scary noises that used to petrify me.
- Well, I think this blast, just a few days before the New Year, is clearly an attempt to petrify people who visit Church Street.
- His presence in a press room, in a stadium or a restaurant, is enough to petrify anyone in the first instance.
- My parents used to petrify us with stories when we were children!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of petrify
I Am Petrified Of Making Mistakes In Front Of The Camera : Amitabh Bachchan
Trepidation Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Trepidation [trep-i-dey-shuh n]
- (noun) a feeling of fear or anxiety about something that may happen.”the men set off in fear and trepidation”
- (noun) trembling movements or motion.
Trepidation (ट्रेपिडेशन / ट्रेपिडैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Trepidation sentences from newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Trepidation
- Intrepid is fearless, so Trepid is fearfull….:P
Exam Trepidation Workshop