- (adj) outdated or obsolete through age or new developments; “superannuated computing equipment”
- (adj) (of a post or employee) belonging to a superannuation scheme; “she is not superannuated and has no paid holiday”
- (verb) retire (someone) with a pension; “his pilot’s licence was withdrawn and he was superannuated”
Superannuated (सूपरैन्यूएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पुराना हो जाना, सेवा निवृत्त हो जाना
- mid 17th century: back-formation from superannuated, from medieval Latin superannuatus, from Latin super- ‘over’ + annus ‘year’.
Superannuated in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Life’s too short to read superannuated Marxists.
- The Indian fleet has less than 30 superannuated medium-size anti-sub helicopters, the first of which was bought in 1971.
- Joshi, who will superannuate in June, is one of the five high profile.
- When I retired, I went from SVP to superannuated in the space of an hour.
- Both the MDs have a tenure of nearly two years and will be superannuated in 2019.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of superannuated
- super + annum = super purana… saalo saal purana