- (noun) a feeling of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected; “to her consternation her car wouldn’t start”
Consternation (कान्स्टर्नेशन / कान्स्टर्नैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from Latin consternatio(n- ), from the verb consternare ‘lay prostrate, terrify.
Consternation in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Consternation over Bhopal encounter.
- Trump’s campaign rhetoric caused consternation in many world capitals, including Tokyo.
- Trump caused consternation in December 2015 by mooting a ban on all Muslims travelling to the United States.
- There seems to be consternation within the Congress on the proposed Grand Alliance in Uttar Pradesh on the lines of Bihar.
- School Burnings Cause Consternation in Indian Kashmir.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of consternation
- conster (~monster) + nation, monster in your nation will cause consternation
- (noun) an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear, especially about one’s own conduct; a misgiving; “shameless politicians have no qualms about their misdeeds”
- (archaic) a momentary faint or sick feeling.
Qualm (क्वाम) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 16th century (in the sense ‘momentary sick feeling’): perhaps related to Old English cw(e)alm ‘pain’, of Germanic origin.
Qualm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- So once Pakistan amassed a score above 200, there was little qualm about the outcome.
- In fact, the biggest qualm you may have with it is the lack of provision for storage expansion.
- They will all lie supine in front of 10 JP at a mere whistle from their mistress, without any shame or qualm.
- Indeed, if anything has come out of this ugly event it is that media lies and lies without qualm.
- It has a very responsive touch screen, but our only qualm about the screen is that it is very reflective under direct sunlight.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of qualm
Guilty dog desperately asks for forgiveness
Trepidation [trep-i-dey-shuh n]
- (noun) a feeling of fear or anxiety about something that may happen.”the men set off in fear and trepidation”
- (noun) trembling movements or motion.
Trepidation (ट्रेपिडेशन / ट्रेपिडैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Trepidation sentences from newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Trepidation
- Intrepid is fearless, so Trepid is fearfull….:P
Exam Trepidation Workshop