Delectable [dih-lek-tuh-buh l]
- (adj) (of food or drink) delicious.“delectable handmade chocolates”
- (adj) extremely attractive.“the delectable Ms Davis”
- (noun) an especially appealing or appetizing food or dish, “a buffet table spread with delectables”
Delectable (डिलेक्टबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मनोहर, रमणीय, रुचिर, ललित, स्वादिष्ट
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin delectabilis, from delectare ‘to charm’ (see delight).
Delectable in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Right ingredients alone do not lead to a delectable dish.
- But before I started trying the delectable food items, I was offered Pineapple Panna.
- The unripe fruit is made into curries and stews along with aromatic spices which lend in a delectable flavour.
- A large spread of delectable snack items lie ready after a long day of fasting.
- For Indians, who are always hungry for some bloody drama, the high profile murders make for a delectable watch.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of delectable
- delectable = something delicious on table
Delectable Pan Asian Cuisine at Malaka Spice, Pune
Allure [uh–loo r]
- (noun) the quality of being powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating; “The woman’s allure was her floral perfume that captivated the man’s senses”
- (verb) powerfully attract or charm; tempt; “will sponsors really be allured by such opportunities?”
Allure (अलुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘tempt, entice’): from Old French aleurier ‘attract’, from a- (from Latin ad ‘to’) + luere ‘a lure’ (originally a falconry term)
Allure in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of allure
- Allure ~ Aalu(potato) re! your allure makes me fat
Watch Sunny Leone’s allure
Congenial [kuh n-jeen-yuh l]
- (adj) agreeable, suitable, or pleasing in nature or character
- (adj) (of a thing) pleasant or agreeable because suited to one’s taste or inclination
Congenial (कन्जीन्यल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- एक जाति का,एक मेल का,अनुकूल,अनुरूप,सुखद,सौहार्दपूर्ण,स्वजातीय
Congenial in a sentence
- South India not being a congenial unit, it is difficult to mark an area as south geographically or politically.
- Rani saw that a congenial atmosphere is a must for the cinematographer to shoot.
- The weather condition in wheat growing north western states is congenial for a good rabi crops, especially wheat, oil seeds, and pulses.
- she tried to create a congenial atmosphere for a smooth dialogue to resolve critical bilateral issues
- It is because your former foreign secretary made extremely negative statements about Pakistan. It did not help create a congenial atmosphere.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Congenial
- its con +genial…. so remember genelia she’s always ‘pleasant’
Brutal hailstorm at a cricket ground 1992