Contended [kuh n-ten-tid]
- (adj) feeling or expressing happiness or satisfaction.“I felt warm and contented”
- (adj) willing to accept something; satisfied.“I was never contented with half measures”
- (adj) accept as adequate despite wanting more or better.“we contented ourselves with a few small purchases”
Contended (कन्टेन्टड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संतुष्ट, तुष्ट
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin contentus ‘satisfied’, past participle of continere
Contented in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- In the initial overs of the morning session at The Oval, both batsmen looked contented to leave balls and defend nicely.
- She had a child in the first year of marriage and told us she was quite contented in her new home.
- I will die a contented man.
- He was contented, concerned about people around him and their families, and was polite and punctual.
- The more worldly pleasure we enjoy, the less satisfied and contented we are with life.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of contented
- Container agar bhara hoga.. toh satisfied hoga…
Mr India – Mogambo Khush Hua – Amrish Puri – Hindi Action Scene