- (verb) prod (someone) gently with one’s elbow in order to attract attention. “people were nudging each other and pointing at me”
- (verb) touch or push (something) gently or gradually. “the canoe nudged a bank of reeds”
- (verb) coax or gently encourage (someone) to do something. “we have to nudge the politicians in the right direction”
- (verb) approach (an age, figure, or level) very closely.“both men were nudging fifty”
- (noun) a light touch or push. “he gave her shoulder a nudge”
Nudge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनी से हलका धक्का, टहोका , कुहने से छूना, कुहनी से छूना, टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनियों से धकियाते हुए आगे बढ़ना, टेहोकना, ले जाना, कुहनी से इशारा करना
- late 17th century (as a verb): of unknown origin; compare with Norwegian dialect nugga, nyggja ‘to push, rub’.
Nudge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- The Reserve Bank of India will nudge bank CEOs to pass on the benefit of lower policy rates like it did after the previous policy, because the …
- Max Bupa, one of India’s leading standalone health insurance player, … long integrated campaign #ExYourExcuse, in order to nudge people, …
- To add to the problems of aviation, one India’s most regulated … why are Indian carriers struggling so hard to nudge up their profitability ratios?
- Nudge the bars and the speed with which the bike drops into a corner … At ₹10.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India), the ZX-6R is quite nicely priced.
- India hasn’t been immune to this nexus either, and the country’s … Visa Steel, filed in December 2017 following the banking regulator’s nudge.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Nudge
- I nudged him with my nose when my hands were tied.
Advent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the arrival of a notable person or thing; “the advent of television”
- (noun) the first season of the Church year, leading up to Christmas and including the four preceding Sundays.
Advent meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आगमन, अवतार, बड़े दिन से पहले चार सप्ताह, ईसा मसीह का पृथ्वी पर आगमन, ईसा मसीह का दुबारा आगमन
- Old English, from Latin adventus ‘arrival’, from advenire, from ad- ‘to’ + venire ‘come’.
Advent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- With the advent of credit cards, the habit of savings has taken a hit.
- The air was cool with the advent of winter.
- After the advent of democracy in 1990, leaders like Gajendra Narayan Singh demanded a fair share to Madhes.
- Geelani said instead of solving any issues faced by the Muslims, the advent of Islamic State has plunged the Muslim world into a civil war.
- The advent of Castro, marked the end of US business as usual.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of advent
- advent = add + event (waiting for event – arrival)
What is advent?
Accost Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively; “the police accosted him in the street”
Accost (अकॉस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संभाषण करना, बोलना, अभिवादन, सलाम, नमस्कार
- late 16th century (originally in the sense ‘lie or go alongside’): from French accoster, from Italian accostare, from Latin ad- ‘to’ + costa ‘rib, side’.
Accost in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- There may be occasions as in Mumbai some years ago when the Shiv Sena used to accost people in the streets and ask them to speak in Marathi.
- Agents of bankrupt company accost chairman.
- Members of such organisations would accost them, tell them off or force them to get ‘married’.
- Smiling salespersons accost you with baskets of enticing pastries and savoury snacks outside the numerous bakeries and shops.
- Along the way, beggars would accost him and children would call out to him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accost
- at any cost (accost), i will approach her and say ‘ i love you’
Singham accost villian