Parvenu [pahr-vuh-noo, -nyoo, pahr-vuh–noo, –nyoo]
- (adj) characteristic of someone who has risen economically or socially but lacks the social skills appropriate for this new position.
Parvenu (पार्वनू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- नया सेठ,नवधनाढ्य
Parvenu sentences from newspaper
- I abhor distastefulness in dress as it shows a lack of understanding of body type and ends up making the parvenu look cheap and desperate.
- The man they had long dismissed as a provincial parvenu from the western state of Gujarat is now the most powerful man in the country.
- Mr. Mitra is no political parvenu.
- the political inexperience of a parvenu.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Parvenu
- think of praveen(of indian crkt team)who has just entered into team and nw earnng a lot…..so is a newly rich person
Real Slumdog Millionaire is first to win $1m on Indian gameshow – Now Parvenu