Obsequious [uh b-see-kwee-uh s]
- (adj) obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree ; “they were served by obsequious waiters”
Obsequious (अब्सीक्वीअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Obsequious in a sentence
- Must we be so obsequious towards London’s richest?
- Modi in the intervening years had not given Thackeray the kind of obsequious deference he was used to,” he added
- The Intelligence Bureau and Central Bureau of Investigation became obsequious to Narendra Modi even before he assumed the office.
- You have to be polite but not seem obsequious.
- Since nobody was questioning him, Modi had turned into a preacher talking at his obsequious followers.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Obsequious
- or obse(ssed)-Qui( yes in frech)-ous=always obsessed with saying yes to it all
The Great Indian Chamcha