(noun) a trace or remnant of something that is disappearing or no longer exists; “the last vestiges of colonialism”
(noun) the smallest amount; “she showed no vestige of emotion”
(Biology) a part or organ of an organism which has become reduced or functionless in the course of evolution.
Vestige (वेस्टिज) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
चिह्न, निशान, पता, शेष, अवशेष
- late Middle English: from French, from Latin vestigium ‘footprint’.
Vestige in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- General Jacob was the last vestige of a dying Jewish community in India.
- The wall is revered as a vestige of Judaism’s two ancient temples and access to it is segregated by gender.
- Clarke is the last vestige of Ponting’s once-in-a-lifetime squad and with his retirement my enthusiasm for the game has diminished sharply.
- The only vestige of humanity and Indianness came from Akhlaq’s son, an Indian Air Force employee, who spoke about the incident.
- Nahoum’s, the city’s last surviving Jewish bakery, remains a vestige of that dwindling heritage.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of word vestige
- vestige -> in + (vestigate) = link it to remains/traces
Jurassic Park cloning video