- (adj) possessing or showing courage or determination; “she made a valiant effort to hold her anger in check”
Valiant (वैल्यन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दिलेर, पराक्रमी, बहादुर, विक्रांत, वीर, शूर, शूरवीर, साहसी, बहादुराना, वीरतापूर्ण
- Middle English (also in the sense ‘robust, well-built’): from Old French vailant, based on Latin valere ‘be strong’.
Valiant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- His valiant knock comprised 12 fours and three sixes.
- A valiant fight put up by two groups of soldiers helped avoid a major hostage crisis as the three terrorists stormed into an Army installation.
- Playing in his 14th Test, the right-handed batsman scored a valiant 103 against the dominant visitors to help draw the fourth Test in Nagpur.
- Bitburger Open: Despite valiant effort, Sourabh Verma loses in final.
- No stone would be left unturned to help these valiant sons of the soil, he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valiant
- Valiant –> great effort by ‘ant’ in the ‘valley’
Presumptuous [pri-zuhmp-choo-uh s]
- (adj) (of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.
Presumptuous (प्रिज़म्प्चूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ढीठ,धृष्ट,मान लेना,पहले से
- Middle English: from Old French presumptueux, from late Latin praesumptuosus, variant of praesumptiosus ‘full of boldness’,
Presumptuous in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of presumptuous
- bhaut jaada hi “Presume” kar liya… Presumptuous
Insolent [in-suh-luh nt]
- (adj) boldly rude or disrespectful; contemptuously impertinent; insulting;
Insolent (इन्सलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Insolent in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Insolent
- sounds like insult-ent => A person who insults evryone is UNRESTRAINED, IMPRUDENT AND SHAMELESS
Shahrukh khan insolent behaviour at Wankhede Stadium with background sound
Intrepid [in-trep-id] (adjective)
- person or action that is bold and brave
- fearless; daring; bold
Word Usage: an intrepid explorer
Intrepid usage in News:
Intrepid dogs urged to put best paw forward for Brooklands walkies
The Insider: Intrepid Travel’s James Ingham gives his top tips on trekking trips