- (noun) an extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury. “a textbook which detailed war atrocities”
- (noun) a highly unpleasant or distasteful object. “atrocities in cheap red nylon”
Atrocity meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अत्याचार, नृशंसता, अति पाप, क्रूरता, अतिदुष्ट व्यवहार, उद्दंडता, क्रूरता, नृशंसता
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘cruelty’): from French atrocité or Latin atrocitas, from atrox, atroc- ‘cruel’.
Atrocity in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- 100 Years Ago | 7 September 2019, Little by little this kind of atrocity committed under the guise of official sanction must be made as impossible in India as, for fifty years at any rate, …
- Not much to celebrate on 15 August owing to atrocities in …, On the occasion of India’s 73rd Independence Day, various political … miles away it’s clear that what’s happening in Kashmir is an atrocity.
- Old video of youth allegedly beaten by Indian army men viral …, A video where army men can be seen brutally thrashing a man is viral on social media with the claim that the atrocity is taking place in Kashmir.
- What Reporting On The Begusarai Dalit Atrocity Case Has Told Me About The … media avoids because it does not suit their Dalit atrocity narrative. ….. to fact check and counter malicious fake news being spread about India.
- Uttar Pradesh government is committing atrocity: Azam Khan …, Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Azam Khan on Monday said that the state government is committing an “atrocity” to win the upcoming bypolls in …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Atrocity
- divide it like.atro(sounds like metro)+city …and we always get the news of brutel and cruel behaviour ..from METRO (ATRO)CITIES…
- Remember TROY-CITY, if have seen the Hollywood movie Troy, you can remember this easily.In Troy, Greek destroyed everything,killed thousands of unarmed man,children etc