Lagoon Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an area of shallow water separated from the sea by low sandy dunes.
- (noun) an artificial pool for storage and treatment of polluted or excessively hot sewage, industrial waste, etc.
Lagoon (लगून) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- खाड़ी, खलीज,समुद्र-ताल, झील
- early 17th century: from Italian and Spanish laguna, from Latin lacuna
Lagoon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Police: Body recovered from lagoon is that of missing 50-year-old man.
- Water with the higher level of nitrates will be pulled from the aquifer and stored in the lagoons to create a well-head protection buffer zone.
- Frequent rains wash fertilizers into the lagoon, feeding the blooms that this spring triggered the worst fish kill in the lagoon in modern history.
- 30, Treasure Coast counties, cities and towns along the lagoon have laws banning the use of fertilizer with nitrogen and/or phosphorous.
- Jokulsarlon Lagoon in Iceland is one of the most visually arresting spots on Earth.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lagoon
- lagoon – monsoon aayenge toh lagoon bhar jaayenge
Alcove Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a small recess opening off a larger room
Alcove (ऐल्कोव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आला, कुटी, कुन्ज, गुफा, घिरौची, मेहराबदार ताखा
- late 16th century: from French alcôve, from Spanish alcoba, from Arabic al-qubba ‘the vault’.
Alcove in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Every floor will also have a small alcove, with an eatery.
- It now stands beatifically in an alcove of the newly constructed Saude Church on the Fort Kochi-Kanamally Road.
- The last has a statue of the Virgin in an alcove in the wall.
- Just above the entrance is a small alcove with images of Rama and Sita.
- They will also have a Children’s Alcove for the young ones.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of alcove
- alcove = all + cave (chhoti guffa)