- (verb) be silent, morose, and bad-tempered out of annoyance or disappointment. “he was sulking over the break-up of his band”
- (noun) a period of sulking. “she was in a fit of the sulks”
Sulk meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- खीज, मचलना, रूठना, उदास होना, रूठ जाना, नाराज़ होना, दुखविभोर होना, बदमिज़ाज होना
- Old English spora, spura, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch spoor and German Sporn, also to spurn.
Sulk in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Rahul Gandhi’s great sulk: Congress’ young ones ‘want to steer’ grand …, NEW DELHI: With Rahul Gandhi’s insistence on stepping down as Congress president resembling a ‘great sulk‘, there is a palpable sense of …
- Punjab: Has Sidhu run himself out?, … [assembly] segments, Amarinder told INDIA TODAY in Chandigarh. … to Sidhu’s tendency to go into a sulk, followed by embarrassing public …
- World Cup 2019: Pakistan opener Fakhar Zaman pulls all short balls …, India take on South Africa in their opening match here on Wednesday. ***. Icon, DJ missing … It was a half-hearted sulk though. If his Instagram …
- Hill adversaries join hands, workers sulk and leave, The new political dynamics in the hills ahead of the general election has left a section of workers from the two main alliances disgruntled.
- Marathas sulk in underdeveloped Marathwada, In Beed, BJP’s Pritam Gopinath Munde won in 2014 in a by-election after her father’s death, by 696,321, highest ever victory margin in India, …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Sulk
- sad hulk in a sulk coz everyone left him aloof!
- Hulk is sulking, cuz he ate a tank, and it upset his stomach.
India sulking after Aussie mauling