- (verb) carry out or commit (a harmful, illegal, or immoral action); “right-wing elements perpetrated a series of attacks and assaults”
Perpetrate (पर्पट्रैट / पर्पिट्रेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- करना, पाप या दोष करना, पाप करना, दोष करना
- mid 16th century: from Latin perpetrat- ‘performed’, from the verb perpetrare, from per- ‘to completion’ + patrare ‘bring about’. In Latin the act perpetrated might be good or bad; in English the verb was first used in the statutes referring to crime, hence the negative association.
Perpetrate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- As technology is advancing, fraudsters are able to find ways to use it and perpetrate a fraud.
- The Indian Government remained apathetic towards the plight of its own people and continues to perpetrate brutalities upon them.
- What specific steps can and should the UN take to ensure that the UN peacekeepers do not perpetrate violence against women?
- India’s poor response to terror means that it is fundamentally easier to perpetrate acts of terror on Indian soil than America’s or France’s.
- Yes, they did perpetrate the serial blasts of 2005, which involved more than 460 explosive devices spread across the country.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of perpetrate
- per +pet + ate = per woh ‘pet’ ko ‘ate’ kar gya -> he perpetrated a crime.
Perpetrate VS Perpetuate Pronunciation
ETIM Members Brainwash, Train Children to Perpetrate Violent Attacks