- (noun) a person who makes a living by salvaging saleable items from dustbins or rubbish heaps. “Coney Street in York was a totter’s paradise on Tuesday morning”
- (verb) a feeble or unsteady gait.
- (verb) move in a feeble or unsteady way. “a hunched figure tottering down the path”
- (verb) (of a building) shake or rock as if about to collapse. “tottering, gutted houses”
- (verb) be insecure or about to fail. “the pharmaceutical industry has tottered from crisis to crisis”
Totter meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- लडखड़ाना,डगमगाते हुए चलना, कंपना, डगमगाते हुए चलना, डगमगाना, लंगड़ाते हुए चलना, लड़खड़ाते हुए चलना
- Middle English: from Middle Dutch touteren ‘to swing’ (the original sense in English).
- late 19th century: from tot3.
Totter in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India ‘A’ totter at 11-4 after West Indies ‘A’ score 318, Port of Spain: Test specialists Hanuma Vihari and Mayank Agarwal were dismissed cheaply leaving India A tottering at 11 for 4 in the first hour …
- India’s World Cup campaign ends in heartbreak: Virat Kohli …, What does one make of India’s World Cup 2019 campaign? … In the semi-final, when India were tottering at 24 for 4, Dhoni doesn’t walk out to …
- Air Fares Soar, IndiGo and SpiceJet Rake in the Profits as Jet …, and SpiceJet Rake in the Profits as Jet Airways Continues to Totter … India’s public sector banks, led by SBI, are making feeble attempts at …
- Edutainment Market A Well-Defined Technological Growth …, CurioCity, Kindercity, Mattel Play Town, Totter’s Otterville, Kidz Holding S.A.L, … Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia)
- Straight from the horse’s mouth, We’ve just watched them totter and canter on the race track, and all eyes are on … says Byramji, who is among the four women trainers in India.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Totter
- cant believe no one thought abt it – TOT – is a baby – always moves unsteadily – abt to fall
- Sounds Like Torture.therefore while someone is released after being tortured..he moves unsteadily.