- (adj) showing or feeling opposition or dislike; unfriendly. “a hostile audience”
- (adj) of or belonging to a military enemy. “hostile aircraft”
- (adj) opposed. “people are very hostile to the idea”
- (adj) (of a takeover bid) opposed by the company to be bought. “the brewery fought off a hostile takeover bid last year”
Hostile meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- शत्रु का, दुश्मन, वैरी, शत्रु, शत्रुताकारी, लड़ाका, शत्रुतापूर्ण, युद्ध संबंधी, शत्रु का, विरुद्ध, प्रतिकूल, प्रतिरोधी, विपरीत, विरोधी, प्रतिपक्षी
- late 16th century: from French, or from Latin hostilis, from hostis ‘stranger, enemy’.
Hostile in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Saudi Arabia flies Iranian to hospital off ‘hostile‘ ship, DUBAI: Saudi Arabia said it evacuated an Iranian crew member from a “hostile” ship off the coast of Yemen amid its war against the …
- Live Score India vs South Africa, World Cup 2019: Rohit Sharma …, It’s been a brilliant display of hostile pace bowling from the youngster; unfortunately he has been let down by the fielders. Five off the last over.
- India and America collude to disrupt the China-Pakistan economic …. The primary reason stated by analysts for this was to squeeze Pakistan between a pro-India Afghanistan and an already hostile India.
- Why is top investor Nalanda against L&T?, But L&T’s $1.6-billion hostile acquisition of Mindtree could potentially undermine … Prasad has remained stoic despite some of India Inc’s savvy …
- Why minorities feel alienated in India, Every aspect of Muslim life in India has been targeted to create an … In this hostile communal atmosphere, a new style of violence was invented …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hostile
- hostile=host+ill(ile)..A person doing ill to the host is hostile(enemy)…
- In hostel, we have guys friendly with us..think hostile is opposite to hostel..so hostile is unfriendly or enemy..
Has China Become Increasingly Hostile Towards India?