- (verb) make (someone) feel completely baffled. “she was perplexed by her husband’s moodiness”
- (verb) complicate or confuse (a matter). “they were perplexing a subject plain in itself”
Perplex meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उलझाना, घबराना, घबरा देना, व्याकुल करना, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का करना, हक्का-बक्का कर देना, कठिन बनाना, हैरानी में डालना, निरुत्तर करना, लाजवाब करना, ज़्यादा पेचीदा बनाना
- late 15th century (as the adjective perplexed ): from the obsolete adjective perplex ‘bewildered’, from Latin perplexus ‘entangled’, based on plexus ‘interwoven’, from the verb plectere .
Perplex in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- New disclosure requirements perplex companies, For the past few months, a slew of filings made mandatory by the Government of India have kept companies and corporate professionals busy.
- DJ Perplex fue ASESINADO en México ¿Quién era este músico …, En los años 90, DJ Perplex descubrrió el trance, mientras que en 1994 realiza su primer viaje a la India, donde se dio cuenta de que la música …
- Where will MS Dhoni bat? One riddle which continues to perplex …, New Delhi: The Test series is over, winning 3-0 under the leadership of Virat Kohli, and that brings Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the focus as India …
- A bizarre interstellar object called ‘Oumuamua continues to perplex …, A bizarre interstellar object called ‘Oumuamua continues to perplex astronomers a year after it vanished. Here’s why a few scientists still …
- Unclear school transfer regulations perplex parents, “I would like to move two of my children to an Indian curriculum school from their British curriculum school. They are currently in KG 2, and I …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Perplex
- PERPLEX: PER+PLEX (Plex means PLasma EXchange). Now, that sounds complicated. Perplex means to cause to be puzzled.
- perplex = complex (full of confusion)
🇮🇳 Indian 'holy man' perplexes doctors | Al Jazeera English