(adj) obtrusively bright and showy; lurid
Garish (गेरिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भड़कीला, सुहावना, दिखावटी, देखौवा, चमकोला
- mid 16th century: of unknown origin
Garish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A woman who has painted her £15 million home in ‘garish‘ red and white stripes has been told by the courts that she has 28 DAYS to fix it.
- Its flamboyant chief is known as the “guru in bling” for his penchant for garish clothes and jewellery.
- Ensure that you look graceful and not garish.
- When he was captured, Rolling Stone released a photo of Penn and Chapo shaking hands, with Chapo wearing a garish striped shirt.
- we’ve even heard of washrooms being painted in garish colours to dissuade employees from spending too much time in there.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of garish
- garish ~ gayish -> imagine a gay person wearing garish (chamkele) clothes
Bollywood’s GARISH Dress Costumes
Fractious [frak-shuh s]
- (adj) (typically of children) irritable and quarrelsome; “they fight and squabble like fractious children”
- (adj) (of a group or organization) difficult to control; unruly. “the National Olympic Committee has to hold its fractious members together”
Fractious ( फ्रैक्शस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झगड़ालू, बेलगाम, अनियंत्रित, लड़ाका
- late 17th century: from fraction, probably on the pattern of the pair faction, factious
Fractious in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Fractious caste conflicts are no more the sole preserve of the Hindi heartland.
- We saw him embrace Greg Chappell’s philosophy, if not necessarily his approach, during those fractious times between 2005 and 2007.
- Thus the monetary policy committee might appear as a fractious and divided house.
- A 100-day protest in 1991, caused by fractious disputes over the nature of course structure, is especially memorable.
- The accord, reached after long, fractious negotiations, marks a dramatic break from decades of animosity between the United States and Iran
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fractious
- Fractious – fracture ho gya hai, isleye itna irritating behave kar raha hai launda
Indian Fractious girlfriend
Choleric [kol-er-ik, kuh-ler-ik]
- (adj) easily moved to anger
- (adj) bad-tempered or irritable
Choleric (कालरिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Choleric in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- It was Nawazuddin’s portrayal of a choleric policeman that really steals the show.
- Known for his choleric attitude, actor Aditya Pancholi got into a heated argument with journalists at Santa Cruz
- When was the last time we remember him acting so choleric?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Choleric
- cholera ho gaya hai… isleye Choleric behave kar raha hai (irritated and bad-tempered)
Personality Types – Sanguine, melancholy, Choleric, Phlegmatic
Querulous [kwer–uh-luh s, kwer-yuh-]
- (adj) full of complaints; complaining
Querulous (क्वेरलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सर्वदा शिकायत करनेवाला,विलापी,शिकायती
Querulous in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- This is also worth noting that whenever Washington inches closer to New Delhi, Islamabad becomes querulous.
- They are disappointed that AAP has turned out to be a querulous, argumentative bunch of single-minded individuals.
- Even the querulous Jamia teachers wouldn’t mind if they were to have, say, Finance Minister PC Chidambaram as their new VC.
- The receptionist added, in a querulous voice, that she knew about this.
- She steps out of her house, in a querulous mood oscillating between fatigue and euphoria.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Querulous
Yuvraj Singh’s father Yograaj Singh – Querulous?