- (adj) giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen; “there was something sinister about that murmuring voice”
- (adj) evil or criminal; “there might be a more sinister motive behind the government’s actions”
Sinister (सिनिस्टर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अशुभ, कपटी, कुटील, डरावना, बायां, बुरा, बेईमान, भयावह, मनहूस, वाम
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘malicious, underhand’): from Old French sinistre or Latin sinister ‘left’.
Sinister in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Is a sinister plot afoot to murder Hemant Karkare once again?
- Not surprisingly, the BJP’s sinister attempt at intimidation against a Government which has not even been sworn in has drawn all-round flak.
- What unravels thereafter is a sinister network of human trafficking led by Fredrick (Prashant Narayanan).
- Even you declared me a sinister by telling people that we earlier ran a government when BJP was ruling at Centre.
- Red and his buddies find something sinister here.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sinister
- Sinister mein chuppa hai “sin”
- (adj) attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive.
Furtive (फर्टिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गुप्त, रहस्यमय, चुराया हुआ, छिपाते हुए, लुके छिपे, चोरी छिपे
- early 17th century: from French furtif, -ive or Latin furtivus, from furtum ‘theft’.
Furtive in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- “Unlike Chris’ furtive relationship with Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth doesn’t mind making her happiness with Brad fully known.
- A furtive phone chat on a terrace amid clothes drying under the sun.
- She is wracked by a sense of guilt and loss after a furtive sexual adventure in a seedy hotel goes awry and ends in tragedy.
- The police described his manner as “furtive, angry and distressed,” shortly after they brought into the station.
- As Ram Dhan sits talking animatedly, he throws furtive glances at the shut kitchen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of furtive
- Furtive ~ FARTive , subke saamne Fart karoge toh chupna padega
Chori Chori Chupke Chupke – FURTIVE
Cynical [sin-i-kuh l]
- distrusting or disparaging the motives of others; like or characteristic of a cynic.
- showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one’s actions, especially by actions that exploit the scruples of others.
- bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic.
Cynical (सिनिकल) meaning in Hindi
Cynical in a sentence (sentences from news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of cynical
- cynical is one who is skeptic of others because he thinks they have done SINs – by vivekimmortal
How to pronounce Cynical
Increase Your Success With Women – Stop Being Cynical, Get Confident And Take Action