- (verb) refuse to allow (something). “I can see why phones were forbidden”
- (verb) order (someone) not to do something. “I was forbidden from seeing him again”
- (verb) refuse entry to a place or area. “all vehicles are forbidden”
- (verb) (of a circumstance or quality) make (something) impossible, prevent. “the cliffs forbid any easy turning movement”
Forbid meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- रोकना, वर्जना, निषेध करना, मना करना, वर्जित करना, वर्णित करना, मना करणे , बाधा देना
- Old English forbēodan (see for-, bid2).
Forbid in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- FACT CHECK: Did Modi forbid Muslim women from his event at Saifee
- RBI’s April Directive Forbids Banks To Trade Bitcoin From Today
- IBC: Move to forbid ‘dirty dozen’ to impact competitive bidding
- Sabarimala ban not anti-women as some temples also forbid men …
- God forbid we have to learn about Hinduism from Rahul Gandhi …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Forbid
- My sense of tact forbids an honest answer
- Your role in the projects precludes your involvement in the competitive project
Parry Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) ward off (a weapon or attack) with a countermove; “Jack Sparrow parried the blow by holding his sword vertically”
- (verb) answer (a question or accusation) evasively; “I parried her constant questions about my job-hunting activities”
- (noun) an act or instance of parrying, as in fencing; “the swords clashed in a parry”
Parry meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बचाव, हिफ़ाज़त, टाल-मटोल, टलना, बचना, रोकना, टाल जाना, वार बचाना
- late 17th century: probably representing French parez! ‘ward off!’, imperative of parer, from Italian parare ‘ward off’.
Parry in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- She put on her sunglasses to parry his probing eyes.
- The boxer put up his fists to parry his opponent’s punch.
- Each time Riley lunged with his sword, Arthur would parry the blow by blocking it with his own blade.
- Before Mary walked away, she tried to parry Ann’s insult with one of her own.
- Alex attempted to parry his wife’s attack by covering his face with his hands.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of parry
- parry the blow… remember this Jack sparrow image
Embargo Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
(noun) an official ban on any activity
(verb) impose an official ban on (trade or a country or commodity)
Embargo (एम्बार्गो) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अधिरोध, प्रतिबंध, व्यापार घाट बंदी, व्यापार प्रतिरोघ, व्यापार रोक, अधिरोधन, प्रतिषेध
- early 17th century: from Spanish, from embargar ‘arrest’, based on Latin in- ‘in, within’ + barra ‘a bar’
Embargo in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Have not imposed any embargo on supplies to Nepal: India
- President Barack Obama wants to see an end to the US trade embargo against the communist-ruled island.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday called on his country’s lawmakers to lift the five-decade-old trade embargo against Cuba.
- Russia’s food embargo involves a one-year ban on meat, fish, dairy, fruit and vegetable imports from certain countries.
- he Excise department has put an embargo on the sale of liquor for four days between October 21 and October 24 due to Durga Puja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of embargo
- embargo = bar + go = ban on bars
The History Of America’s Cuba Embargo