Vapid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging; bland; “vapid musical comedies”
Vapid (वैपिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (used originally in description of drinks as ‘lacking in flavour’): from Latin vapidus
Vapid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- To an extent, this must be what the players in the Indian team would be feeling like after their ODI series win against a vapid Zimbabwe.
- The grisly countenance of the film gets blunted by a somewhat vapid script.
- But there are people who will still buy this book, despite its vapid language, its stock characters, its predictable plot twists, and its virgin-fantasy.
- Film actors and TV anchors use its emotive expressions frequently otherwise they think their story becomes vapid.
- If indeed there exists such an action plan, it is so vapid that it does not come to mind.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vapid
- vapid – not rapid. Vapid century in 500 balls
Lackadaisical Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit