- (verb) bury or drown beneath a huge mass of something, especially water. “floodwaters overwhelmed hundreds of houses”
- (verb) give too much of something to; inundate. “they were overwhelmed by farewell messages”
- (verb) have a strong emotional effect on. “I was overwhelmed with guilt”
- (verb) defeat completely. “the Irish side was overwhelmed 15–3 by Scotland”
- (verb) be too strong for; overpower. “the Stilton doesn’t overwhelm the flavour of the trout”
Overwhelm meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पराजित करना, अधिक भावना प्रकट करना, विह्वल होना, वश में करना, अभिभुत होना, छा जाना, तबाह कर देना
Overwhelm in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Book traces evolution of campaigning in India elections, A new book traces the evolution of election campaigns in India by … as possible to saturate and Overwhelm the mind of an average Indian with …
- Vintage Di Maria helps PSG Overwhelm Real Madrid, Angel Di Maria scored twice in a vintage performance to help Paris St Germain outclass Real Madrid 3-0 in their opening Champions League …
- Adding Fizz, Fortunately, she was not Overwhelm . “I love variety, so India did not Overwhelm me. It’s hugely attractive. There is no opportunity to get bored …
- J&K and PoK: Why MEA Jaishankar’s comment isn’t the last …, The reason why India must insistently assert its claim is because the … to show that India can Overwhelm Pakistani defences in the region.
- Mumbai Rains: Trains and buses disrupted, showers Overwhelm city. Mumbai goes under. DNA Web Team; Sep 4, 2019, 01:23 PM IST. Heavy rains hit Mumbai …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Overwhelm
- over whim powder cover completely with bubles
Stupefy Vocab Meme Dictionary – ENglish to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (someone) unable to think or feel properly; “As the days passed, the heat would stupefy us, making us too tired to even talk”
- (verb) astonish and shock; “the amount they spend on clothes would stupefy their grandparents”
Stupefy (स्टूपफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभे में डालना, चकित करना, मति-मंद करना
- late Middle English: from French stupéfier, from Latin stupefacere, from stupere ‘be struck senseless’.
Stupefy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A Harry Potter wedding: Everything magical to ‘Stupefy‘ their wedding guests.
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- But the same ball seems to stupefy them when coming from 22 yards away.
- Not only will he stupefy the audience with his visual close-up Magic but also with his skills in ‘Mentalism’ where he reads people’s minds.
- Curiously, this excess of information does no more than stupefy us.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stupefy
- Stupid student ko tough puzzle doge toh stupefy ho jaayega
Confound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) cause surprise or confusion in (someone), especially by not according with their expectations.“the inflation figure confounded economic analysts”
- (verb) mix up (something) with something else.“he was forever confounding managerialism with idealism”
- (verb) to contradict or refute; to confound their arguments.
- (verb) prove (a theory or expectation) wrong; “the rise in prices confounded expectations”
Confound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उलझाना, गड़बड़ करना, उलझन में डालना, हरा देना
- Middle English: from Old French confondre, from Latin confundere ‘pour together, mix up’
Confound in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of confound
- confound = confusion found
Hum tumme itne ched karengey – Dabangg funny video
Astound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) shock or greatly surprise
Astound (अस्टाउन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभित होना,आश्चर्यचकित करना,डराना,घबरा देना,घबड़ा देना,भयभीत करना,अचम्भित करना,चकित करना,भौंचक्का करना,हक्का बक्का करना
Astound in a sentence
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Astound
- Astound sounds like STUNT which really a wonder
Funny ad from Tide. The Halwai…