- (verb) prove (a statement or theory) to be wrong or false; disprove. “these claims have not been convincingly refuted”
- (verb) prove that (someone) is wrong. “his voice challenging his audience to rise and refute him”
- (verb) deny or contradict (a statement or accusation). “a spokesman totally refuted the allegation of bias”
Refute meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- खंडन करना, झूठा ठहराना, तर्क से असत्य ठहराना
- mid 16th century : from Latin refutare ‘repel, rebut’.
Refute in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Unions cry foul, refute HAL’s claims on wage hike, Refuting the company’s charge that their indefinite strike for wage hike … were not met,” All India HAL Trade Unions’ coordination committee …
- A CRPF jawan said in a debate that Kanhaiya should be …, Here’s how her opponents refuted her …. #ViralVideo: Listen to this fiery speech by young CRPF cop warning India haters#IndiaFirst LIVE at …
- Amazon and Flipkart refute violating FDI norms; CAIT eyes …, Both of the companies were summoned for the meeting by the department after a delegation of the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) …
- Cong refutes Corbyn’s claim on Kashmir ‘meeting’, distances …, New Delhi, Oct 10 (UNI) In a damage control exercise after coming under attack from the BJP over the meeting of the Indian Overseas …
- J&K Police refute Amit Shah’s claim that Omar Abdullah …, In an exclusive interview to India Today, Shah said: “They [Mufti and Abdullah] are still in detention under the Public Safety Act.” The home …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Refute
- refute rhymes with refuse, when you DISAPPROVE OF something, or if something is false or incorrect..you refute it or disapprove..
- Refute can be considered as REFusing something to have trUTh or prove to be false/incorrect