- (noun) a difficult or unpleasant situation.
Adversity (ऐड्वर्सिटी / अड्वर्सिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कठिनाई, गरीबी, तंगहाली, दुःख, दुर्दिन, दुर्भाग्य, विपत्ति, ग़रीबी, अभाग्य, आपदा
- Middle English: from Old French adversite, from Latin adversitas, from advertere ‘turn towards’.
Adversity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Children learn to handle adversity from parents.
- I was trying to stay cheerful in the face of adversity.
- Nanna taught me to be brave in the face of adversity.
- It’s also a story of extremely brave parents who are willing to support their child in the face of adversity.
- It is the close ones that fail to give love and courage to their children during times of adversity if not protect them from it.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adversity
- Adversity = adverse + situation
Fearless like a child — overcoming adversity