- (noun) a song of praise or triumph.
- (ancient Greece) a hymn of praise (especially one sung in ancient Greece to invoke or thank a deity)
Paean (पीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जयगीत, जयध्वनि, जय गान, विजय का गीत, प्रशंसात्मक गीत
- late 16th century: via Latin from Greek paian ‘hymn of thanksgiving to Apollo’ (invoked by the name Paian, originally the Homeric name for the physician of the gods).
Paean in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The man’s Twitter account is basically one long paean to the life of the T20 freelancer.
- The Danish Girl is a paean to the timelessness of an emotion that does not alter when it alteration finds.
- Ranveer modestly fends off talks of comparisons with a paean of praises towards the senior star.
- If this was a film only about one particular teacher, a paean to its protagonist would have been acceptable.
- Sylvie has composed a song – both an ode to Kanhaiya and an intrepid paean to the spirit of resistance.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning Paean
- Paean = Praise + song