(adj) obtrusively bright and showy; lurid
Garish (गेरिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भड़कीला, सुहावना, दिखावटी, देखौवा, चमकोला
- mid 16th century: of unknown origin
Garish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A woman who has painted her £15 million home in ‘garish‘ red and white stripes has been told by the courts that she has 28 DAYS to fix it.
- Its flamboyant chief is known as the “guru in bling” for his penchant for garish clothes and jewellery.
- Ensure that you look graceful and not garish.
- When he was captured, Rolling Stone released a photo of Penn and Chapo shaking hands, with Chapo wearing a garish striped shirt.
- we’ve even heard of washrooms being painted in garish colours to dissuade employees from spending too much time in there.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of garish
- garish ~ gayish -> imagine a gay person wearing garish (chamkele) clothes
Bollywood’s GARISH Dress Costumes
Audacious [aw-dey-shuh s]
- (adj) showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks;“an audacious explorer”
- (adj) showing an impudent lack of respect; “he made an audacious remark”
Audacious (आडैशस / ऑडेशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उजड्ड, ढीठ, निडर, निर्भीक, साहसी, अक्खड़
- mid 16th century: from Latin audax, audac- ‘bold’ (from audere ‘dare’) + -ious.
Audacious in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of audacious
- crowd mein ‘Audible’ hone ke liye ‘audacious’ hone jaruri hai
Asian Paints Audacious Chote Nawab – “aane do!!”
Brazen [brey-zuh n]
- (adj) shameless or impudent
- (adj) made of brass
- (verb) endure an embarrassing or difficult situation by behaving with apparent confidence and lack of shame
Brazen (ब्रेज़न / ब्रैज़न) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निर्लज्ज,पीतल के समान,खुल्लमखुल्ला,निर्लज,बेशर्म,पीतल का,तांबे का
Brazen in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of brazen
- Split the word brazen as Bra + Zen. Suppose you went out with your friends and saw a girl in a Zen car wearing only a bra. How was the attempt of the girl? Really bold and brazen!
Woman steals jewellery CCTV footage (Brazen daytime thefts)
Insolent [in-suh-luh nt]
- (adj) boldly rude or disrespectful; contemptuously impertinent; insulting;
Insolent (इन्सलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Insolent in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Insolent
- sounds like insult-ent => A person who insults evryone is UNRESTRAINED, IMPRUDENT AND SHAMELESS
Shahrukh khan insolent behaviour at Wankhede Stadium with background sound