- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind; “memories of that evening were still vivid”
- (adj) (of a colour) intensely deep or bright; “a vivid blue Mediterranean sea”
- (adj) (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous; “she had a deep voice and a strikingly vivid personality”
Vivid (विविड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उज्ज्वल, चंचल, चटकीला, जीवंत, सजीव
- mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere ‘to live’.
Vivid in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Make your bathroom adorable with vivid colours.
- One thing Apple has done is the wide colour display, which makes most images look richer and vivid, but again it could easily offer more.
- But it’s simply my attempt to draw a vivid picture and nothing more.
- Australia calling: Vivid Sydney is back with lights, music, ideas.
- NASA shares vivid images of auroras captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vivid
- imagine ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘d’ —> vivid colour nah?
- (adj) clever or skillful; “he was adroit at tax avoidance”
Adroit (अड्रॉइट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चतुर, चालाक, चेष्टावत, दक्ष, धूर्त, निपुण, सुजान
- mid 17th century: from French, from à droit ‘according to right, properly’
Adroit in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Interviews do not end up with feedbacks, instead adroit trainers, counselors and faculty members help you get over all shortcomings.
- For our camera too, Shweta Rathore cracks an effortless smile and assumes adroit poses that highlight the gentle undulation of her biceps.
- The hair may have greyed, the freckles more prominent, the hitting power dwindled, but Dhoni remains the adroit master at winning cricket matches.
- Perhaps these are “rural” folk, not expected to be adroit with their choice of words.
- Chief executive officer of Karachi-based Dawn Group of Publications who is currently visiting Mumbai, said “Modi has made an adroit move”.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adroit
- adroit = android – aapka android phone bhaut smart (Chaalak) hai