- (verb) convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another; “I’m not here to proselytize”
- (verb) advocate or promote (a belief or course of action); “Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas”
Proselytize (प्रासलटाइज़ / प्रासलिटाइज़) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- फुसलाना, धर्मान्तरण करना
- 1670s, “to make proselytes,” from proselyte + -ize. Related: Proselytized ; proselytizing.
Proselytize in a sentence (important vocabulary in recent newspaper)
- It has been said that Mother Teresa was part of the missionary and her primary role here was to proselytize.
- This includes a duty to proselytize to both non-Muslims and Muslims who have, in their view, ‘deviated’ from the ‘correct’ path”, she said.
- ‘Islamic televangelism’ is defined as: “The use of the television medium to proselytize the audience and viewers.
- You cannot freely proselytize in Muslim countries.
- Hindus didn’t have to go out and proselytize like the Christians, as if to prove our worth to our faith.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of proselytize
- proselytize = hypnotize