- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest; “the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to; “the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- जीतना, कुचल देना, पराजित करना, वशीभूत करना, वश में करना, अधीन करना, दास बनाना, वश करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Saudis use bullying as a tactic to subjugate others.
- Most of the effort of humanity to date has been for one army to conquer and subjugate another.
- I’ve also witnessed the brutal way we use words to subjugate and spiritually crush black women.
- You can not subjugate us, you can not control our lives, you can never win.
- Senior Trump Adviser Thinks Muslims ‘By And Large’ Want To ‘Subjugate‘ Non-Muslims.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- sub log jhuk jao mere gate ke aage
Mantra to Subjugate Lust