- (adj) (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; “a short, sinewy man”
- (adj) (of meat) full of sinews; especially impossible to chew; “tough, sinewy meat.”
- (adj) vigorous or forceful, as language, style, etc;“a sinewy argument.”
Sinewy (सिन्यूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बलवान, पुष्ट, सशक्त, कंडरायुक्त, ताकतवर
- 1350-1400; Middle English; see sinew, -y
Sinewy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The rods are wispy and elegant, but also sinewy, strong and resilient.
- The star plays Roxie, a sinewy burlesque dancer with dark lips and glamorous lingerie.
- For Mr. Blankenbuehler, a sinewy 46-year-old, the approach comes from his own craving to share in the story.
- The puppy fat has gone, he is now sinewy with a superbly toned body that can take on enormous amounts of workload without complaint.
- A group of chatty boys and girls pose for a photo near a table; another stands for a selfie with a replica of the sinewy stock market bull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sinewy
- sinewy = ‘sunny’ deol = muscular body
Heropanti teaser poster: Tiger Shroff flaunts his sinewy body but does he impress